Soil Block Equipment for Sale from Angelic Organics
Note: All items listed below are sold.
- Visser soil block maker with block seeder
- 865 wooden flats designed for soil blocks
- Two 3 pt Van de Beucken soil block transplanters
- One self propelled soil block transplanter
Reason for Selling
We have converted our soil block transplant production system to vacuum seeding into winstrip trays. The soil block system produces fabulous transplants. However, we have chosen to replace the heft and durability of seedlings raised in blocks with the lightness and speed we can achieve with winstrip trays and a needle seeder.
Both systems have merit, but I do not wish to maintain and manage two separate systems for greenhouse production and transplanting. The soil block transplanters are not adaptable to transplanting cells in winstrip trays, or I would keep them, as they are reliable, ergonomic and fast. However, I believe they are only suited for transplanting soil blocks.
I prefer to sell as one complete package.
Visser Soil Block Maker with Seeder
The Visser soil blocking machine is in excellent condition. It makes blocks that are roughly 1 1/2” or 2”.
It comes with:
- Dies and dibbles for either size block
- A seeding unit mounted on the machine, along with numerous seeding templates
- Two forks (leaning against unit in photo) designed for handling blocks
2 Van de Beucken 3 pt Soil Block Transplanters
- Good ergonomics—operators sit upright and place blocks on belt
- Fast transplanting
- Easy to adjust transplant depth and spacing
- Galvanized frames
- Low maintenance—few moving parts
Self-Propelled 5 Row Soil Block Transplanter (brand unknown)