2020 Angelic Organics COVID-19 Protocols
The following are protocols adopted by Angelic Organics in 2020 to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Check back in the spring of 2021 for updated protocols as advised by the Centers for Disease Control.
- regular sanitizing of harvest and washing equipment
- making sure our field crew adheres to the thorough food safety practices required by the Food Safety Modernization Act
- ensuring that our crew members are in good health
- advising our pack team to wear gloves and face masks while packing
- advising our delivery drivers to wear gloves and face masks
Safety Precautions for Those who Pick up at Community Pickup Sites
- We will stack the vegetable boxes in columns 2 to 3 boxes high, instead of the previous column heights of 4 or 5 boxes, to reduce the amount of handling, as long as we have adequate space at your pickup site.
- We will stack the vegetable boxes only one row deep, for easier access to your respective box, if there is adequate space at your pickup site.
- Please wear gloves and a face mask when you pick up at a community site.
- Touch other boxes as little as possible, when retrieving your box.
- Socially distance from other shareholders, if you are picking up your boxes at the same time.
- If you are sick, please send a friend to pick up your share for you. Make sure that your friend has your site’s pickup instructions. (Occasionally, a friend or spouse picks up at a site and comes home with the wrong box.)
- Consider signing up for home delivery, if you are not comfortable with picking up at a community site. You can learn more about home delivery here.
About the Box Itself
We now line your vegetable box with a food grade, compostable insert so that you do not bring your box home. Instead, you will retrieve your vegetables with ease via the insert. You will then leave your box at your site for us to pick up the following week. This added layer of protection will create a barrier between the inside of the (possibly re-cycled) vegetable box and its contents. It will also help to keep your vegetables and herbs cool.
The liners will not be returned to your pickup site. We will not be able to re-use the liners, but we do want to re-use the pricey vegetable boxes (about $2 each.) We realize this bag insert requires an extra step on the pack line, an extra expense for the farm, and an added packaging material for you to manage.
The liner is designed to biodegrade in a variety of situations including:
- Home Composting
- Commercial Composting
- Buried in, or in contact with the soil
We’ll do our best to safely supply you with fabulous vegetables and herbs this season.