Bucktown Pickup Information
Site HostRoger and Marina PostSite host since: 2005
Site Host Contact InformationPreferred Way to Contact: Text/call Marina: 773-230-1006Secondary Way to Contact: Text/call Roger: 312-282-4888
Site Address & Link to Map2146 W. Caton - Chicago, IL 60647
Pickup Hours12:45 pm - 8 pm
Can I Pick Up My Box After Hours in Exceptional Circumstances?
Yes. If you cannot pick up your box between 12:45 pm and 8 pm, please text or call and make prior arrangements. Unclaimed boxes will be donated early Wednesday morning.
Photo of Your Site
How to Have the Best Shareholder ExperienceClick to Learn More
Directions To Your Site
This site is located on an eastbound, one-way, one-block-long street between Leavitt and Milwaukee. Halfway down the street, on the north side, your site is the only red brick house.
From North Avenue: Take Leavitt north 2 blocks and turn right (east).
From Milwaukee: Take Leavitt south 2 blocks and turn left (east).
Where To Find Your Box
On the west side of the house is the driveway, your box will be next to the fence on the west side of the driveway. You will have to open a gate to get in. The gate is never locked but it is latched with a carabiner. Unhook the carabiner, open the gate, and take your box. Be sure and re-latch the carabiner on the gate as you leave.
Where to Return Your Recycled, Flattened Vegetable Box
Return your empty, flattened box to the box storage bin which is typically right by the garbage cans as you leave the breezeway on your left.
Be A Good Neighbor
- Be sure to find the vegetable share labeled with your name. If you are signed up for a fruit share, your fruit share is also labeled by name.
- If someone else will be picking up your share(s) for you, please remind them to take only the share(s) labeled with your name.
- Be sure to flatten your empty vegetable box and stack it in the designated location for recycling.
- Please recycle fruit boxes on your own; do not return them to your pickup site.
- Your site host is providing a very generous contribution to your community and to the farm by making this site available. Please make an extra effort to help keep this site clean and tidy.
Site Host Profile
The Posts have been shareholders since 1996 when, with small boys, they became more conscious of the need to provide the best food for their family. They have hosted since 2005. They are happy to share their breezeway space to see more people deriving the same satisfaction from receiving delicious biodynamically and organically grown vegetables and enjoy participating in a conscious community.
In life Roger manages Christy Webber Landscapes, one of the largest landscapers in Chicago. Marina works at CW Farm & Garden helping people find the right plants inside or out. In addition, she is a Fiber Artist working with felt. Sometime you might be lucky to get a studio tour. Other family members include 3 mostly absent grown sons. In addition there is a friendly dog named Milo and an elusive cat.