Wicker Park Pickup Information
Site HostFrances & Ben Collins-SussmanSite host since: 2005
Site Host Contact InformationPreferred Way to Contact: Call 773-636-3817Secondary Way to Contact: Text 773-636-3817
Site Address & Link to Map2120 W. Le Moyne St. - Chicago, IL 60622
Pickup Hours8 am - 6 pm
Can I Pick Up My Box After Hours in Exceptional Circumstances?
Yes. Contact your site host to make special arrangements for picking up your box after the listed pickup hours. This should be done on an exceptional basis only.
How to Have the Best Shareholder ExperienceClick to Learn More
Directions To Your Site
This delivery site is on the north side of W. LeMoyne, which is a one-way westbound street located two blocks south of North Avenue. The site is on the second block west of Damen, and is the second house west of the alley (pass the church, pass the alley, count to two). The site is a 2 story wood frame house. It has grey siding, grey trim, and a peaked roof.
Where To Find Your Box
Follow the path around the right (east side) of the house to the backyard. The gate at the back of the house will not be locked but it may be closed. The latch is on the inside top right. Your box will be on the deck next to the house.
Where to Return Your Recycled, Flattened Vegetable Box
On the deck to the immediate left of the back door to the house.
Be A Good Neighbor
- Be sure to find the vegetable share labeled with your name. If you are signed up for a fruit share, your fruit share is also labeled by name.
- If someone else will be picking up your share(s) for you, please remind them to take only the share(s) labeled with your name.
- Be sure to flatten your empty vegetable box and stack it in the designated location for recycling.
- Please recycle fruit boxes on your own; do not return them to your pickup site.
- Your site host is providing a very generous contribution to your community and to the farm by making this site available. Please make an extra effort to help keep this site clean and tidy.
Site Host Profile
We are the Collins-Sussman Family – Ben, Frances, our three boys Emmett, Tobiah, and Wendell, and a zillion cats, gerbils, and fish. We have been shareholders since 2000 when we picked up in Logan Square and then the old Wicker Park site. We took over as Wicker Park site hosts over 10 years ago. It doesn’t feel like that long, but we have loved being a part of the community and watching it grow and change.
Ben is the site lead for the Google Chicago engineering office, a theatrical composer, and a collector of hobbies. You will likely see him in the backyard playing his banjo or talking on his ham radio while you pick up your veggies.
Frances is now a stay-at-home mom. In her past careers she also worked in theater (costume and props design) as well as ten years with Heifer international where she was lucky to get to know the Angelic Organics Learning Center.
Frances is also a Master Food Preserver, so feel free to knock with any questions about putting up your harvest.
We are looking forward to meeting this year’s community.